Thursday, July 7, 2011

Free Days

An Israeli playground... nice, right?


Scott convinced me to take this 40 minute bus ride to En Karem on a free day even though I really didn't want to. I made him promise me two hours of shopping time, but I'm so glad I went. Zechariah and Elizabeth lived here and this is where John the Baptist was born. There was a church dedicated to him here. There was also the Visitation Church. Where Mary came to visit Elizabeth and tell her the news. There was this statue there that I loved and all those things behind it are Mary's song or Mary's prayer or something in all different languages... I don't remember, but it's cool!! 



On another free day we ran out to see some sites before we had to be back a write a paper. This is the Russian Church of the Ascension. They wouldn't let us go up the tower but we were able to go into the separate church which was really pretty. 


The Tomb of the Prophets. Everything is pitch black so we had to find our way around with candles 


We get a nice view of this beautiful church everyday on our way to the city. This is the Church of Mary Magdalene. We finally went to go see it with some free time. 

2 comments:

  1. how come you are in the heat and humidity...and you still look freaking cute. and i am in the heat and humidity and i look crazy and homeless...? not fair.

    ReplyDelete