Saturday, June 4, 2011

Holy Rowleys in the Holy of Holies

Probably the only time that we will ever go into a Holy of Holies!
We went on a field trip to the Negev Desert. It was very interesting and very, very hot. First we started at a Bedouin village. They served us herbal tea and showed us how they make rugs. It was really neat and we were able to see how they live and where they go to school. It was incredibly humbling and I was able to learn a lot about the women there. At the desert we saw ancient Israelite temples and all sorts of rocks! I'll be completely honest with you... We got back from Turkey at about 3 in the morning the night before and I was super tired. It was great and I'm glad I got pictures so that I could remember everything that happened. 

How they make the rugs, so neat. 
This is a house that people actually live in. It is so humbling to see their  lives and attitudes.

These are the women that are in school. They let us into their classroom  and allowed us to take pictures.

Sacrificial alter at Tel-Sheva.

The YMCA bell tower! Our branch president plays the bells every Sunday and he let us come play with him! It was a beautiful view and the bells were awesome... and loud. 

An Israeli ambulance... comforting. 
Another night we went to the Kotel tunnel. It's underground and you are able to see the rest of the Western Wall that they have excavated. 

Camille and I in a cave at the Kotel Tunnel.

These women were praying in the tunnel and I snapped a picture as we walked by.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment