Sunday, May 15, 2011

LOCK-DOWN

So we are currently on lock-down. We were for Friday and Saturday but luckily we are leaving for Turkey today!! The Independence Day celebration caused some uprising since that is not a pleasant day for Palestinians. During the demonstrations on Friday some riots took place and the city was not safe for us to be in. We have been able to hear shots from the center but the security is very careful not to let us outside. I guess if we saw someone throwing a stone and took a picture, they could think we would send it in to Israeli soldiers. They are just trying to avoid us becoming a target in any way. Lucky for me the ping-pong table is in the bomb-shelter so my chances of being safe are pretty good... We are leaving for Turkey in about an hour and will be there for a week! I am so excited I can't stand it. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment